On this page…
Barrie’s super Austin pedal car around 1951.
Lotus Super Seven 1963 built from kit at Jacksons Garage Westgate in 1963 under the watchful eye of Cyril Jackson. Once completed Barrie found there were many new parts still in the box, worried he called the factory at Cheshunt and they explained that there are always a few “spares thrown in” so no worries.
Avalon Racing home base and workshops in the Margate village of Garlinge.
In 1966 GSM Delta was the first racing car with a tuned 105e Ford engine. The 1st race was at Lydden Hill Kent.
The 1965 Lotus 15 Buick: this car has a terrific history being one of only a very few 15’s fitted with a 2.5l Climax FPF engine at the factory for Graham Hill. Colin Chapman sold the car to David Piper who sold it as a rolling chassis to Dizzy Addicot the test pilot,. It was Dizzy who had John Dabbs fit the 3.5 Buick V8. It is reported that Hugh Dibley brought the Buick engine to UK as luggage. The Lotus 15 is seen here at Lydden Hill and Silverstone.
The ex Roger Nathan1966 Brabham BT8 [BT8SC-3-64] with Climax 2 litre seen here at Mallory Park.
1967 AEC transporter in Austria.
In 1968 the Broadspeed Mini S 1293 did some racing across Europe. This wonderful little car was the actual motor show car for Broadspeed in 1966. It was also used for some local Sprint meetings.
The 250 GTO is the ex. National Equipe Belge car which we bought from Peter Clarke in 1967, sold on 3 months later. This is now owned by Nick Mason and has the reg no 250 GTO.
Lotus Elite seen in the Alps with Dollie. Both looking very beautiful.